At RJ McLeod (Contractors) Ltd we are committed to data privacy and the protection of our stakeholders’ data. We are registered with the ICO under registration reference: Z5422066.
How your information will be used
- RJ McLeod (Contractors) Ltd (the Company) requires to keep and process information about job applicants to enable us to manage the relationship effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
- Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from external sources, such as referees.
- The sort of information we hold includes your name, address and contact details including email address and telephone number; CV and references; information from interviews; information about your current level of remuneration including benefit entitlements; documents provided as proof of your eligibility to work in the UK; correspondence with or about you, for example letters to and from your referees.
- For equal opportunities monitoring purposes, we may process special categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation. We will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency.Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- In the event that you are unsuccessful with your application for employment, we will retain your data on file for a period of six months. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed, unless we require to retain it for longer to exercise or defend any legal claims.If your application is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which employee data is held will be provided to you in a separate privacy notice.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA with regard to your personal data.
Identity and contact details of Controller and Data Compliance Manager
- RJ McLeod (Contractors) Ltd is the Controller of data for the purposes of the DPA and GDPR.
- If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
Martin Judd, Data Compliance Manager
Postal Address: RJ McLeod (Contractors) Ltd, 2411 London Road, Glasgow G32 8XT
Joint Managing Director
Last Reviewed: 4 June 2020