As a civil engineering contractor, RJ McLeod is committed to the continual improvement of the Quality Management System by identifying and managing the risks and opportunities that can affect the Quality Management System and our ability to deliver projects and meet customer needs and expectations. Our strategy is based on a partnership approach in conjunction with our clients, designers, supply chain and other interested parties, as a team, to obtain solutions to the benefit of all.
To achieve this, our activities are organised and managed through a Quality Management System designed around the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard and the fundamentals of Total Quality Management.
In the implementation of our environmental management system, we will:
• Comply with relevant legal and other requirements.
• Work proactively with regulators and other interested parties to protect the environment in which we operate.
• Actively encourage and make available the means for employees to undertake training and professional development.
• Provide all employees with the training and resources necessary to effectively carry out their duties.
• Make all employees aware of the effect their actions can have on customer satisfaction.
• Ensure customer requirements are identified and met at each critical stage from estimating to handover.
• Develop quality plans and inspection and test plans as a means of controlling and assuring quality during construction.
• Establish partnerships with suppliers and interested parties to provide an improved service.
We will improve the effectiveness of the quality management system through the analysis of data from:
• Internal audit results.
• Customer feedback.
• External audit reports.
• Vendor evaluation.
In addition we will establish objectives to aid the ongoing operation and development of our quality management system.
This policy will be communicated through publication in our starter packs for new employees, on our noticeboards and website. It will be available to interested parties on request.
Joint Managing Director
Issued: February 2018